24 September 2010

Hello and Goodbye

Welcome to any and all who wish to read my travel tales (okay, it will probably mostly be about food); I've just gotten off a ten hour flight and have another plane to board in an hour. In my present state, I feel it's safer to leave you in more capable hands:

If our friendship depends on things like space and time, then when we finally overcome space and time, we've destroyed our own brotherhood! But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?

-Richard Bach (from Jonathan Livingston Seagull)

3 comments:

  1. When you fly 1 inch above the waves, it takes hardly any effort at all.

    The flock will never banish you for wanting to fly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Jonathan Livingston Seagull...at the behest of Eli Vetcherebin. No kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! Eli? That's hilarious, I think my heart just softened a little.

    ReplyDelete